Smooth brewing last night, showed the cold and rain who's boss by shifting all operations into the garage - which is conveniently where the taps are located... Specs on our Wee Heavy Christmas Ale: OG: 1.083, 30IBU, 22 SRM.
- Malts: Pale 2-Row, Maris Otter Pale, Brown Sugar (shugga), Special B, Caramel 80 and Roasted Barley.
- Hops: Bittering – UK Goldings. Flavor – Fuggles
- Yeasties: WLP028 Edinburgh Scottish Ale
- Spices in Boil: Cinnamon and Clove
- Fresh ginger and lemon zest to go in secondary
We missed our target OG by 3 points on the low side, which doesn't matter much with a big beer like this one. Seven weeks from now we'll be sipping this at our Christmas party in high form, making elaborate toasts and debating foreign politics.
We also dry hopped our Imperial IPA and gave it a sample, so far it's delicious and promising - making good beer is so much more fun than not making good beer.